MEDICAL BILLING SPECIALIST – TELECOMMUTE POSITION
- Work aged accounts on assigned payers, prioritizing accounts that are approaching timely filing denial.
- Devote time weekly to work current rejections. Fix errors and re-bill accordingly.
- Look up payer eligibility using payer websites/call payers to obtain needed information for billing. Update all accounts in the system for that patient and re-bill.
- Contact guarantors as needed to determine insurance coverage.
- Initiate appeals to payers following the guidelines outlined for the payer. Note account and track appeal to resolution.
- Enter notes on all claims with action taken.
- Provide work status updates to management upon request that may include running statistical reports.
- Answer patient phone calls and assist with billing questions.
- Meet all established deadlines and assigned goals.
- Inform management of any problems or changes with system or payers identified during the course of daily work.
- Understand and follow all payer rules when setting up billing schemes on accounts to ensure accurate claims.
- Understand coding rules and schemes to detect potential claim errors. Consult with supervisor on those accounts in question.
Must have experience in ophthalmology billing and coding. Experience with AdvancedMD practice management system preferred.
Since 2004, Eye Med Management Solutions has been optimizing the financial health of ophthalmology practices. We are a full service medical billing company specializing in ophthalmology billing, coding, and practice management. Our list of services covers the entire spectrum – from patient registration to collections. Read more about us at www.eyemedmanagement.com
Email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com